Is your skin suddenly breaking out? And no matter how many times you wash your face, moisturize, or skin mask can help it? There are a lot of variables to consider.
- You need sunlight. For people with lighter skin, wear sun block and don’t be out in the sun for too long. Dr. Consuelo Hopkins Wilkins of Washington University School of Medicine recommends at least to take in 1,000 IU (International Units) each day. For people with darker skin, it’s more difficult to take in sunlight rays to produce vitamin D. So they have to take in more sunlight, but make sure to wear sun block too.
2. Over masturbation or excessive sex. A specialist of skin addresses.
“Excessive sex causes an excessive testosterone-DHT conversion. The hormone DHT level is one of the main factors causing ACNE outbreaking.The liver enzyme 5-alpha reductase is responsible for converting testosterone into DHT. Your sexual activity and the testosterone-DHT conversion are correlated and stimulated each other, until you reach a point of temporary sexual exhaustion. At the point of temporary sexual exhaustion, your ACNE outbreaking reaches its peak while sexual energy suddenly drops to a trough. This also causes balding and hair thinning.”
3. Poor eating habits. U.S. Department of Agriculture studies found that in 2011 the average American consumed nearly one ton of food. That’s 1,996 pounds of food a year (DoSomething.org). 1 in 5 children (5-19) are obese. Obesity is also the cause of cancer, diabetes, and cholesterol problems. Stay away from dairy products which is the number one cause of acne.
4. You pick your face too much. Picking at your face cause more bacteria to spread on your face and scarring as well as inflammation.
5. Not enough sleep. If you’re not having 6-8 hours of sleep, your body raises the levels of stress-hormones.
6. Dirty sheets. Changing the sheets frequently can clear up acne. It’s better to sleep with a satin pillowcase to allow your face to slide and prevent sleep lines too.
7. Your phone. If you like to press your phone on your face when you talk and you have breakouts on your cheeks, your phone screen is filled with bacteria. Wipe your phone with an antibacterial wipes once a week.
8. You sleep with makeup on. This is a big no-no. Cleanse your face with facial wipes and then go get some z’s.